Meet Thobela Andre Matshanda
The Road Accident Fund is the statutory insurer of all drivers on the roads within the borders of South Africa. To be successful negligence on the part of the insured driver, or driver of the other vehicle must be shown. Often this requires the services of an accident reconstruction expert.
The damages claimable are:
1. Past hospital and medical expenses
2. Future medical expenses – in the form of a letter of undertaking;
3. Past and Future loss of earnings which are statutorily capped;
4. General damages for pain and suffering provided that the American Medical Association Guidelines are met.
Some of our more recent settlements include:
- R19 million settlement for a client whose vehicle was rear ended on the 10 FWY causing severe brain injury.
- R7 million settlement in which our client suffered severe brain injuries when their vehicle rear ended a truck parked on the side of the road with no reflectors.
- R6 million settlement in a car accident case where the insurance company failed to settle the claim in a timely manner.
- R4.75 million settlement in an auto accident case involving a dangerous public condition
- R1.25 million settlement in a car crash case for back injuries caused by a drunk driver who rear-ended our client’s vehicle
We Can Help You Address Any Legal Problem — Just Ask
We want to make sure you get your questions answered. Whatever your legal issue is — incredibly complex or common — we can help you address it, either with our own attorneys or through referral to highly qualified counsel.